Saturday, March 19, 2011

Update

  • Last night we played Buducnost, a team from Podgorica for the first round of championship semifinals. Even though it was a nail-biter, we beat them in 5 sets! It was nice to have a successful 5 set match when just a few nights ago we had a heartbreaking loss in the Cup finals, which was also 5 sets. Our next step from here is to beat Buducnost in one more match before guaranteeing our spot in the finals. We play Wednesday, and if we lose that we play a deciding match this coming Saturday. 
  • Lauren and I are amping up for our trip! We are planning on going when our season is over in April. Time is going by SO fast, it's crazy. 
  • In the meantime, we are trying to get out and see the last things on our Montenegro bucket list. We still need to see Monastery Ostrog, Budva, Sveti Stefan, and Dubrovnik (not in Montenegro, but close enough). Hopefully we get there soon, but we've been a bit restricted by the weather lately.
  • Lent has started. That doesn't mean much for a non-catholic, but Lauren gave up eating becka snicla and sweet bars (trust me, she ate both of these on a more-than-regular basis). I gave up eurocrem. It doesn't have any significance other than it's a small step to eating healthier. 
  • We also started going to yoga again. Verica is VERY happy to see us and always calls us "her sweet girls". She's awesome. 
  • Lauren and I found our own private beach (who knows if other people go there or not), that we now call Ratatata because it is located next to the monastery called Ratac. We had a picnic and laid out in the barely-warm-enough weather for a while until the tide came up and drenched our clothes. We're definitely going back when we have a day with good weather and late practice. 
  • My parents come in 45 days!!! I've been slaving over planning every detail (the true Brosky style) and I think I finally have a good grasp on things. I know that we will DIE of exhaustion in Paris, Rome and potentially Montenegro, and we will take the time to recharge in Slovenia and Amsterdam. 
  • I WANT MEXICAN FOOD SO BADLY! Now that time time is getting closer to when I am coming home to America, I am craving the weirdest things. Mexican food and sandwiches are at the top of this list (my first meal home will be Panera down the street from the airport) but also sneaking their way into my mind are: Chicken in a Biscuit Crackers (weird), Nutty Bars (reminding me of my childhood), Chex Mix, and mountains of avocados (you can get them here, but they aren't the same, I swear!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment