Now that I've been here for a few weeks and am settling in, family and friends have all asked "so what's your typical day?". There is NO answer, people! Everyday is different, but I guess there is a similar structure so I'll give you the rundown of what most of my days look like:
Wake up in the morning (in no real hurry)
Eat something small in the apartment for breakfast
Do some laundry/cleaning/catch up on facebook and blogging
Grab lunch at the restaurant
Run "THE" errand
Go to the beach
Go to practice
Dinner
Bedtime
Now I will discuss the idea of THE errand. Life in Bar is soooo slow, so to remedy this, I usually think of one errand I can run for that day to get out of the apartment and feel a sense of productivity. It's usually a very simple task (for example, the errand for yesterday was to go to the electric store to buy a cable, today the errand is to go to the grocery store to buy ingredients to make ice cream).
It has been tough slowing down to match the lifestyle of Montenegrins. For example, eating a meal is usually about a two hour event and even just walking down the street seems to take FOREVER! Eventually I'll get it down...but I've had 22 years of training to do as much as I can as quickly as possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment