Sunday, August 15, 2010

so you may be wondering..

kind of a silly name for a blog, right? zaba (the z technically has a little check mark over it and is pronounced like a J in French...as in Jean Paul) is the Montenegrin word for frog. Conveniently, this is the first (and only) word I learned when I got to Bar and it seems pretty fitting actually. A frog doesn't just walk, but jumps from point A to point B. I think this is a pretty accurate portrayal of the last two weeks of my life. When I initially decided to play in Europe, I would have never guessed that I would spend 10 months of my life in Montenegro (a country that has only been around since 2006). I took that frog-like leap of faith (you knew I had to do it) and am now starting anew halfway around the world. My apartment is a five minute walk from the beaches of the Adriatic Sea, and right across the street from the new gym that my team will practice and play in. I am so excited for what is ahead of me!

2 comments:

  1. Love the title Layney! I knew you would think of something super creative :) love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. way creative. so inspirational! "leap of faith" what is that.. Descartes? thank you gonzaga education.

    ReplyDelete