So.... I always wish that people would post on here so I have something to do to pass the time, but then I realize I am just as guilty. I have nothing significant to say. It has been raining like crazy here, which is accompanied with power outages and leaky floors so I have pretty much been cooped up in my apartment. It could be worse (like no cable or internet), but it means there is no new adventure to blab about. The weather is starting to cool off, which makes me bust out a cheery pair of socks to sleep in (my favorite thing about winter: sleeping in socks) and make a daily cup of coffee and/or tea. Both are very exciting things that come with cool weather.
Lately I have been reveling in boredom, and have subsequently made alterations to "the typical day" that everyone (still!!) asks about. So here is the updated list:
wake up
go for a run (refer to footer 1)
go to the fruit stand (refer to footer 2)
whip up a healthy meal
kill 5 hours via facebook/twitter/skype/tv
practice
socialize
sleep
how awesome is it that my blog now officially has footnotes?! That's a definite upgrade in my opinion. I wish I had some more exciting news to share, but unfortunately my life right now is kind of a stalemate. Just lots of the same....and when you thought it could get any more repetitive, I wake up and do the same thing again. Tears, people, tears of boredom have been shed. Don't get me wrong. Still a great experience that I'm so thankful for....just hoping for a much-needed day of breaking the cycle (hopefully that will come on my day off Monday). For now, lets get to those footnotes!
is this small enough? I'm going with it. Prepare the magnifying glass (the sad thing is I know my mom will actually take that advice to heart and use the one that is conveniently by the computer desk)
1. When I go for a run I am CONSTANTLY stared at. I think the only time they've ever seen a human being run is during a futbol game. I am constantly stared at. It doesn't help I'm wearing tshirts in english, using my iPod, and occasionally singing along. One man (bless his Montenegrin heart) clapped for me as I passed him, but for the most part people look disgusted that I am running...voluntarily.
2. I have met the most wonderful fruit vendor named Rose, a ~55 year old Montenegrin woman. She is awesome and pimps the fruit that her husband grows on their farm. She is constantly giving me whatever she has a surplus of and winks at me while saying "for free" and stuffing it in my bag. I made her some applesauce a little while ago and she now loves me. She even dropped a hint that she wants me to meet her son by telling me he works at the local pizzeria, his name, and that I should "stop to see him". Rose speaks English very well and is always sharing her cooking tips with me. My goal in life is to someday eat a meal in her home...with her farmer husband whose labor I have very much appreciated, Rose, and her son. Unrealistic? Not sure, but I have high hopes this will happen by the end of the year.
Layne....
ReplyDeleteyour great. i miss you