- In my first ever match I was super excited and trying to pump everyone up and everyone just laughed at me because my jersey was on backwards. AWESOME layne, you're an idiot
- So far in our season, we have won both of our matches. The last one was pretty crazy and was against our rivals (who are the only other club in Bar). We pulled out the win in 3 sets, but the scores were 25-23, 28-26 and 27-25. PHEW!
- I'm starting to plan my New Year's trip!!! This is exciting. As of right now, I'm leaning toward Egypt but the destination changes daily.
- I now have insomnia. I go to bed pretty much when the sun is rising everyday, which is clearly not good. I think I need to use more energy during the day!
- I have mastered the train system. Even though there is only one train that goes to one place (haha), I can successfully order a ticket, find my train, and converse with the trainman (do they have official names? conductor, maybe) completely in Serbian. This is a huge step forward.
- Eat, Pray, Love comes out on November 4th here. Yea yea, laugh it up for all of you who saw it like a million years ago. But I am very excited and will be making the trek to the capital to go to the cinema.
- Tomorrow is Halloween and I am going to skype with some girls that are playing in Italy because they will also be alone...in their apartment...dressed up. I think it's going to be a great time. My striped sweater is going to make an awesome Where's Waldo, now I just need to locate a cane.
- I am ready to do some serious traveling. I'm getting antsy to see new things! Bar has become pretty "normal" to me and I've explored every square inch. The other day on my run I came to a dead end that overlooked some train tracks and literally about 75 sheep. I thought they were going to attack.
- Rose and I have become BFF. I go to her fruit stand and I am greeted with a kiss and showered with edible gifts. It is awesome and she continues to mention that I need to meet her son who works at the pizzeria (there are about a million in Bar, so I don't think I will realistically run into him)
I think that's about it for now. I have a match later today that I should start getting ready for, It's about an hour away and I promised my team I would make them banana bread for the drive (they're obsessed). Cao!
egypt! take me with! i am doing disneyland lol. (new years)
ReplyDelete