Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Prijatno!

The word prijatno in serbian, roughly translates to "bon appetit". It means enjoy the experience of eating your meal and have a sense of comfort. As you all know due to my countless facebook posts/tweets/all other forms of notifying technology, I have spent lots of time cooking for many reasons: a) there's nothing better to do b) it is so cheap to buy all natural, local foods c) it's fun to have a certain challenge of roping up all of the ingredients (some of which aren't here) and making a good meal. Here are some of my favorites:


These honey pretzels KILLED me! I could not for the life of me get that dough to rise. It is truly an art. I had all but given up until I went to practice and came back to risen dough. It was awesome. It may have taken two failed attempts, but they were awesome.


This is potato and kale soup with sausage. It's delish



The "fruits" of my labor! hahah, get it? haha. Anyway, this is what I got from Rose one day. Doesn't it look delish?

 Whole wheat banana bread and homemade pear applesauce. Proud to say that Maja likes both of these. Of course she had to smell them before putting either in her mouth, but I got her approval. Score!!
My beer bread. You are all aware that I am NOT a beer drinker. It doesn't sound appealing to me...EVER! But there is a beer here that supposedly is the best. beer. ever. (although I'm sure they're just a little bit biased). It's called Nisicko, (pronounced nishichko). ---I should have taken it as a sign that in English its called ni-sicko!---I figured I would give the beer bread a go and see if this was a way that I could enjoy the taste of beer. Turns out I don't particularly like it, but maybe I'll try adding some herbs and cheese next time to try to jazz it up a bit.

Not the most exciting of posts, but just trying to keep you all up-to-date on the goings on of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment